Saturday, June 11, 2011

Graduation

Hey all sorry I haven't posted again for a while, it seems as soon as I post an entry the next day or two I have something going on and I can't post :( Well to explain my absence yet again my little sister came to town and then the next day she had graduation from High School so I decided to go home with her and watch her graduate, which was so precious, I am so happy she finally finished high school and next year she will be joining me at the same college I am attending Anyway I decide after going home for the weekend and witnessing a graduation I thought why not a graduation post and what to do after graduation?

Now many of us after graduation go to college and while I did the exact same thing I wish sometimes I could have take off a year to travel. Wouldn't it just be great to have no worries for a year and just travel the globe from place to place? You know maybe work on a tan? Make some new 
friends across the globe? That just sounds like the perfect thing to do after high school before cracking down when getting to College.





Now while some of us may not have the luxury of traveling a year after high school or just want to start college, like most of us I thought I would just give anyone some tips for what you should do your freshmen year of college!

Okay so my first tip is for your first year is to get involved!! Whether its rushing a sorority or fraternity, going to events on campus, most are free (especially for freshmen), or join an organization for your major or a club on campus. There are so many ways to get involved that can help you meet new people as well as add to your resume.




Another tip I have is go to the gym. Many of us might think we will not gain the freshmen 15. But it is possible, for everyone. After nights of late night studying for exams and eating whatever you have on hand or fast food the freshmen 15 might creep up on ya. So if your college has a gym, which most do and are free if you’re taking classes, use it! Even for 30 minutes a day three times a week as long as you keep going that freshmen 15 won't catch up on you! And even you could be like me and after I started going I liked the gym so much I usually go five days a week and instead of gaining the freshmen 15 I lost it and more! So the gym on campus is great for everyone!



My last tip for everyone is to talk to everyone! Whether it is your professors, your peers, and your roommates, talk to everyone! Just by talking to people allows you to make new friends and meet people, which is what college is all about! Especially make sure to have a good relationship with your professor because if you have a good relationship with them they will want to help you get a good grade in their class!


So I hope these tips help and everyone does try to have the best freshmen year at college! These tips helped me and really mad me love my first year! If you have any questions or even have any other tips or experiences let me know I would LOVE to hear! ;)

XOXO
Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Great post! :) I cannot wait to rush in the fall! Your blog is so cute!
    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I'm so excited that you are going to rush! I am going to do a post later this summer all about rush! So make sure to keep a look out for it! :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete