Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Essentials

Now that summer is in full swing, I thought I would do a post about summer essentials! I could not survive my summer without these items! Now while you don't have to agree with my exact items I would love to know what your summer essentials are as well! And let me know what you think of mine! I would LOVE to hear feedback! :)

Okay, so my first summer essential just screams out SUMMER! I mean what would summer be without a bathing suit! If I could I would probably spend my whole summer in a bathing suit! My favorite bathing suits at the moment would have to be from Lilly Pulitzer. They are seriously the cutest things, as well as bright! And every time I wear mine it just makes me want to smile because they are all adorable! At the moment Lilly has out her new summer collection in bathing suits, and they are just to die for!
I just loves this green color! So cute!
And, since I LOVE daisy's this one is a favorite as well!

Another summer essential has to be sunglasses! Whether you are tanning at the beach, driving in your car, or walking to class like me it gets so bright outside and instead of looking around and squinting (and squinting can lead to wrinkles as my mother always says) everyone should own a pair of sunglasses! Now when I ever get to buying a new pair of sunglasses it takes me forever! I usually just try and stick to the same shape, because I already know how I look in them and I just change the color of the glasses. Right now my sunglasses happen to be tortoise-shell Knockaround Fort Knocks sunglasses. These are just so cute, plus they are a great price!
 
Plus the studs at the top are just an extra piece of flair that I LOVE!
Another basic summer essential has to be white shorts! They go with absolutely anything, and they can make your legs look great! And if you have any hint of a summer glow white shorts will just make your legs look darker! While I do own a few pairs of white shorts, my go to pair has to be the one's from J. Crew. They are the linen shorts, they are comfy and they are not too short for someone who is pretty tall , like myself, and I just like the cut of them!
Aren't these just adorable?
While I may live in Florida, and can pretty much wear flip flops any day of the year I just love the new summer flip flop styles! And I was actually browsing the internet earlier today and found some of the cutest, inexpensive flip flops at Old Navy! 

These could just match every outfit! And they have them in about four other colors!
And I Just love these gold woven ones, I can definitely use these in the fall and right now gold is a big hit for summer! Pus they also have them in black and pewter!



Another summer essential is a summer dress of course! And right now Vineyard Vines has some really cute  summer dresses but this one just stood out or me when I was in the store the other day!
I just love the nautical theme of this dress! With nautical really being in right now this dress just fits that to a "T"! Plus I just love these colors!

Another great summer essential is a summer bag! Now while I use this bag for any time of the year, its also perfect for summer because I could always just throw some stuff for the beach into it then drive down to the beach! Now while I would love a bright yellow bag, I just don't particularly like the hue of this color yellow so I just love the khaki and the pink! But khaki overall!
This color goes with absolutely EVERYTHING! :)

And the last summer essentially is a floppy beach hat! And the girls from Marley Lilly have to die for monogrammed floppy hats! You can add a ribbon if you choose and you can have your own custom monogram, monogram color, and hat outline color!
Too Cute!


Well those are all of my summer essentials! While there is always more items to wear or variations of these items! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these in particular! So let me know what you think!

XOXO 
Morgan



11 comments:

  1. I love the Longchamp and the ML floppy hat!! <3 Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!! I am dying over that Vineyard Vines dress!!! WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your stuff! I'm dying to having one of those ML hats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought that VV dress, I LOVE it! Love your blog too. Have a great day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks doll! You're too sweet! :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the halter in the lilly daisy pattern... makes my day everytime I wear it! Great picks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! I just love the Lilly daisy pattern! one of my favorites!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the pink and green one piece and I can't get enough of it. It's a sexy Lilly one piece!!! I also would kill for the monogrammed hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will take one of each please! Everything is perfect summer, I am drooling over them all. I just discovered your blog and I am loving it so far! You've got yourself a new follower!
    -Sarah from livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you Hannah! That is why I love it! It shows off everything without showing off too much! :)

    and thank you Sarah! :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete